PART 4- CIGNA
There are several circumstances that may require you to bill delivery, antepartum, and postpartum separate:
- If the member is seen only for the first one to three antepartum visits.
- If another provider in a different practice assumes care of the member prior to completion of global services.
- If the pregnancy does not result in delivery.
- If the member is seen for delivery only/postpartum care only or both.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Complications of pregnancy are not considered routine obstetric care and are not included in Global Maternity/Obstetric Package. Documentation must be sent along with filing of claim to avoid denials.
- If the delivering provider saw the patient for less than 3 antepartum visits, you will utilize the (Antepartum & Postpartum) codes above and bill the antepartum visits separate as E/M codes. Choose the appropriate code, bill as “1” unit with date of delivery as the date of service