PART 2- UNITED HEALTHCARE
There are several circumstances that may require you to bill delivery, antepartum, and postpartum separate:
- If the member transfers into or out of a physician or group practice
- If the member is referred to another physician during her pregnancy
- If the pregnancy does not result in delivery.
- If another provider in a different practice assumes care of the member prior to completion of global services.
- If the member changes insurers during pregnancy
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- When billing for antepartum care only utilizing 59425 or 59426, count all visits the patient was seen for by the rendering provider.
- Choose the appropriate code, bill as “1” unit with a date span.
- The beginning date should be the first OB visit, the end date of your claim should be the last OB visit.
Resources & Credits: